GamEscape Online - True Wrestling Elite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft...

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... Empty Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft...

Post  SSJ3matenks Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:00 am

and heres the link to the "official unofficial" song

Last edited by SSJ3matenks on Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... Empty compatability

Post  _joshuaTurbo Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:06 am

how powerful of a PC would you need to run this?

It looks fun, but I'm afraid we don't have anything that could run it.
_joshuaTurbo
_joshuaTurbo
Admin

https://gamescapeonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... Empty Re: Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft...

Post  SSJ3matenks Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:16 am

I'm not really sure, the stronger the better, but they do have setting that allow for less powerful PC's, you can even run it on a laptop (in theory). I can run it on mine but it is a major resource hog with how it loads "chunks" of the world. one thing that helps is the Render distance that limits how much and far you can see.

Eric would be able to tell you how well your PC could run it though.

The nice thing about it being in beta still is they are still improving on how the game runs.
the nice thing about it Hard Drive wise is a big generated world doesn't take up all that much memory. My main save file is only 50MBs or so and I've covered a lot of area.
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... Empty Re: Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft...

Post  SSJ3matenks Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:20 am

Also the game should come with a warning label, something along the lines of : You may become addicted, spend hours playing and not realize the time. May lose your girlfriend/boyfriend to it, if not because of it.
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:13 pm

here is a list of youtubers who have a good video series to watch

Coes Quest is really good! It's a good way to see the different aspects of the game through someone elses eyes. Coe is a great commentator and can really keep things interesting.
http://coesquest.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/Coestar

Paulsoares JR has a good tutorial series for people who don't know the basics very well.
He also has a series called Man Vs. Minecraft where he goes by a self-imposed rule set to survive on a journey through the world of minecraft *ominous sounds play*

https://www.youtube.com/user/paulsoaresjr

Minecraft Chick is another youtuber who brings a comic relief to the game where you can't help but laugh because at some point you've either made the same mistakes she has or you will.

https://www.youtube.com/user/MinecraftChick
http://www.minecraftchick.com/

There are more, but these three are my favorite ones by far
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Minimum Requirements:
CPU: 1.5+ GHz multi-core processor, 2.0+ GHz single-core processor
RAM/Memory: 1.0+ GB for Xp, 1.5+ GB for Windows 7-32 bit, 2.0+ GB for Vista/Mac OS, 3.0+ GB for Windows 7-64 bit
Graphic card: Must support OpenGL 1.4 or better (if the computer is a laptop and uses an Intel Graphic Processor, check here, otherwise if it is from Nvidia/Ati, you should be fine)there is another variable in this that affects gameplay so no additional info until then
Hard Drive Space: 80+ MB of free space (might need more as Notch might add more stuff later on)

From a users home-testing on the minecraft forums.

Basically, CPU and RAM are the big hitters - if you don't have enough ram it'll probably still run, but it'll be loading/unloading to/from hdd so much it'll be almost unplayable. Low CPU, might get some stuttering, lower the draw distance from "Maximum" and change the render mode from "Fancy" to "Fast". Graphics card won't help much.

As odd as this will sound coming from someone who owns it, look up a "copy" of it and try it. If it runs well, then buy it, cause they do update it for free and you get multiplayer if you pay for it Smile
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh yeah, Recommended Requirements: (game should be running at least 60 fps, or 30 fps when it is loading chunks)
CPU: 2.0+ GHz multi-core processor, 2.5+ GHz single-core processor
RAM/Memory: 2.0+ GB for Xp, 3.0+ GB for Vista/Win 7/Mac OS, 4.0+ GB for all 64-bit Operating Systems
Graphic Card: ATI/Nvidia independent card that support OpenGL 2.0 with 128+ MB of dedicated G-RAM
Hard Drive Space: 256+ MB of free space
A relatively decent desktop you can get for about $500 USD should have all these requirements met

Again, minimum's still playable but snag a copy and see how it runs first.
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:24 pm

I knew he would be the guy to ask Razz
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 pm

Just went to google actually. Smile
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Is that your new user name? Wink
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Haha, awesomeness!
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  _joshuaTurbo Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:22 pm

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... Wisdom_teeth
_joshuaTurbo
_joshuaTurbo
Admin

https://gamescapeonline.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:36 pm

Sadly that's about right if you get addicted:

http://livewire90210.com/img/mc/bigfriggingate.png

40 blocks wide at the legs; looks more cause I used a texture pack that makes each cobblestone block look like 2x2. The one on the private server matt and I use has the centers hollowed out and filled with lava so it lights up at night. Smile

Also, TETRIS!

http://livewire90210.com/img/mc/2011-02-16_15.15.53.png

(not embedded due to 1080p.)
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:06 pm

That comic is more or less how Eric got me to play, I kept telling him I didn't want to because I WOULD get addicted...... I did..... I HATE YOU ERIC!!!!!!!
I'll see you on the server later........
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah well chalk up Geoff to the "hating Eric" list, or he will be soon enough I'm sure. XD
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... Empty Yeah thanks a lot Eric...

Post  meth962 Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:13 am

You jerk! You friggin' jerk!!

What's the first thing that I do? Log in and want to build the biggest pile of sandstone the world's ever seen.

123x123 at the base....317,750 blocks later, Eric signs on with "holy fuck that's a huge bitch!". And yes, I actually did the math sadly...317,750 because I needed to plan that out Sad

About 128 from lowest underground tunnel to highest point, and even then I wasn't finished. The hard part was digging tunnels through it.

Phew, now I can say I BEAT THE GAME! I'm done.

farao

*collapses

meth962

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:43 am

Beat the game NOTHING, you're just getting started pimp. Smile
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:49 am

HAHA Like building is the ONLY thing to do in the game Wink
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:36 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
if you've been playing as along as Eric and I, you would understand how good this actually is
BED TIME!!!!!
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 pm

HAHA in an odd coincidence, I messed with a texture pack design that made one of the armors look like PJs so I could quit the game with my dude in his bed geek
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Now the fun begins.

Geoff's gigantic pyramid is done, as is a pixel-art drawing of some chick I've never seen before. My project last night was "The World" from Magical Drop 3 (never played it, thought the characters looked cool). 5 hours and god only knows how many blocks later (surprisingly no deaths until -after- the project was done and I fell off her head), done.

Geoff's got pictures he's supposed to be posting sooner or later Smile

I also completed a modification to the server so there is now a "Pixel Park" although the server is now hitting performance issues - I'm attempting to fix that, but it's entirely possible that making Pixel Park a 15 chunk x 15 chunk (240x240 area) is causing the problem. We'll see if I can get it to run better.
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:38 pm

Rolled back to backup; there is some form of minecraft-general (read: not just my server) issue with large very-low flat areas (such as the ones that are literally down to bedrock) which causes a cpu spike. This would be fine but if its more than a chunk or two, it locks at 25% cpu and fails to load or process -anything-.

The backup has the same problem but it doesn't stay frozen for long at least, so it's not as bad. Trying to figure out whats causing it so we can go back to the 15 chunk x 15 chunk park; I kinda liked having an almost flat work with wide spaces for pixel art Sad
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Post  Livewire90210 Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:12 am

Found the bug, unknown error related to large areas of ground lower than 32 pixels high that are exposed to sky-light (read: areas without a ceiling). Affects Minecraft globally, so I can't fix that.

Until that's fixed, did some tweaking and brought back pixel park on a smaller scale than before (but sitll larger than the backup had) - it's a layer of grass with bedrock under it, so you can build paths.

Other than that and a few shifting/height fixing things (sorry Geoff, hot-babe lost like 2 pixels due to the height problem Sad ) that section of map is back up and running. Thanks geoff for making the minecart run out as well - NOW MAKE ONE BACK DARNIT! Smile

Edit: Oh, and if he doesn't get pictures of the two pixel-art tweaks done then I'll have to upload some for him. Smile
Livewire90210
Livewire90210

Back to top Go down

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... Empty Okay okay!

Post  Meth Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:44 am

Yep yep, the following are example reasonings as to why I hate Eric...

Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175647

Front entrance, north side.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175623
I thought I might add minecarts so you can take a tour through the tunnels and see the king,queen, and unfinished chambers.

View from afar. West side. Eric's sand tower on the right corner. Used it to check that the edges lined up while building it. The observation tower is seen on left.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175713

View from atop, facing west. I tried to make the very peak of the pyramid the max height of the world. I was a few pixels off.
You can see my next project down below.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175808

Dug some tunnels to make it as realistic as the pyramids at Giza. I'm a history dork like that. farao
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175921
King's chamber inside. Lined with gold because I felt like it. Small hole is a tiny tunnel that makes a roughly 45ยบ angle up and exits the pyramid. This chamber is roughly in the lower middle of the pyramid.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175950

Outside at night. Taken from the observation tower. Fuggin' thing doesn't fit in one shot from here.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_180030
From the ground..It's more impressive in real life, trust me.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_180221

After the pyramid, I decided to do a smaller project while I waited for Meric to get on. Observation tower on left. Can still see the pyramid from here with max distance on. I thought the pyramid would be visible from the starting point, good thing it's not entirely or you'd lag on logging in. This sprite shows the way.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175323
It's FinalFantasy1 if anyone is wondering.

Perspective from ground.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-18_175311

AAAAAAaaannd....the pixel park area!

Meric's sexy blue-haired chic (from the ground of the pit we dug, 37 cubes below sea level).
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040411

Close up for size persepective...oo nice belly (Eric made the belly button a door after this shot)
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040358

My hawt-mama-sprite. Eric's face and compass on right. Checking out our finished work from a tree. We were so proud. There may have been tears. You can see a single clear-blue cubit falling from Eric's cheek if you look close.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040220

Sea-level far-back view of Eric's
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040343

Base of mine, to show size
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040431

I feel like an ant....and I want to crawl up to....nvm.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040433

Better perspective from ground
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040440

Shot from observation tower north. Towel-baby 92 cubes high. Other chick, 99 cubes tall. Stupid clouds kept messing up shots.
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040324

From observation tower south
Minecraft, talk'n bout Minecraft, talk'n bout minnnnnne craft, talk'n bout mine craft... 2011-02-19_040247

Eric and I started these at about the same time. He started on the first row from left-to-right all the way up (like a printer). I took a different approach. I built a 99x56 flat steel wall as a placecard of where it will go. Then I chiseled away pieces and set the colored bricks. Instead of layer by layer, I started with the left foot and built up one leg using sand scaffolding haha. Once I got most of one leg done, I connected the crotch and then built down the other leg. Building down is extremely difficult and dangerous. I almost fell a dozen times.

It was slow building the second leg but once I got back up top it picked up a little bit. Until I got to the hands that jut out the sides. Building out is also very difficult and dangerous. I did fall once but managed to grab on to a scaffolding on the way down without dying. No deaths yet, and Eric mighta saw it because he typed "lol" to me. I didn't actually fall to my death until I was somewhere on the head and used the wrong tool and fell to my death. I can't remember if I landed on her hand or leg but I dieded. My mouse wheel sucks. It spins too freely and if I use it to scroll and pick a tool, I start to use it and a second later the game decides to change my tool GRR.

One death isn't bad for a project like that. I think Eric was done by the time I was up to her chin, but he didn't like the eyes and fixed a bunch of stuff. Then he added the left part of the towel that sticks out. Which gave me plenty of time to work on the head. Which took the longest because I'd basically have to color swap every second ughh.

But I gotta say, building it the way I did was definitely dangerous and maybe not the best way at all Razz But what can I say, I'm a minecraft noob. It was my second project...or...third actually. The first one that put me at risk anyway
Phew...my work is done. bom

Meth

Back to top Go down

Post  SSJ3matenks Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm glad that after the two to three months of "I have to keep playing" is now, well I've played for a couple hours, I need a break Razz
I hate you eric Razz
SSJ3matenks
SSJ3matenks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next